mandag den 19. oktober 2015

'Beasts of no nation'

Speechless, that's simply what I am. This film blew me away and touched me so deep I'm lost for words. Agu is just a regular boy losing his family in a war, and then ends up as a child soldier, and what's a better way to kill a child's mentality than send him at war and teach him how to kill?
Maybe I just have a Scandinavian 'children have rights' mentality but I'm really shocked that this is still happening today (I knew that, I just try hard not think about it).
What touched me innerly was when he said that the taste of dead is sweet. That really proves how they killed his innocence. And how can you ever say a boy is dangerous because he got legs to run with, eyes to see with and fingers to pull a trigger with? It's unbelievable how they make him kill what seems to be an innocent man (You are not being told if he is really innocent) and how he tastes the blood when the poor man doesn't die from the first cut. Can you stand being a child soldier? If not, then your throat will be cut.. This is mind blowing and every single bone in my body chilled.
This movie is worth the 2 hours it lasts, it's real life horror because this could easily happen in real life, and child abuse wether it's physically or mentally is always horrifying.
Idris Elba is a fantastic actor he makes this film seem so real and it really puts you in the center of the action.
Take your time to watch this fantastic film and it is totally okay to shed a tear or two.

Xoxo.

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar