torsdag den 9. juli 2015

'Carrie'

So now I have watched the old and the new version so I can tell about them both.

The first from 1976 is made out of Stephen King's book and the new one from 2013 is too. Now you know that.

The old film starts with Carrie who's showering and gets her first period, she doesn't know what it is and starts screaming! It must really not be funny not knowing what it means to become a woman.
The girls bully her and throws tampons at her while they scream 'Plug it up!'
I read in King's biography that he really hates that story and the mean girls, so do I!
Little miss Carrie White is having telekinetic powers but she doesn't really know how to control them. And she can never tell her religious mother (Fanaticism is rarely a good thing)
The first film was kinda boring, I remember I almost fell asleep, but it is a good view also that Carrie really looks like she could use a make over. Not a big one though I don't think she's ugly, she could just use a little mascara and get her hair done, that would make wonders.  It's also funny to see the mean girls in this film and the lovely fashion of the 70's! What were they thinking? xD Okay the next generation will think so to about us in 40 years, but still xD
I like the ending of the first film, I almost had a heart attack! You know when you were kinda bored and you think nothing is gonna happen then you will get a big shock like I did.

The new film starts with Carries mother is giving birth. She wants to kill the baby but she's too weak. She raises her in the faith of God with the same result as the old film, she doesn't know what her period is and the girls are laughing at her and throwing tampons at her while they scream 'Plug it up!' but then I saw something new... Something disturbing, they are not only bullying her, they film as they do it! And later they upload it on the internet... Why did I start thinking of Amanda Todd?
I love the new film for bringing it on, internet bullying is a bad thing and it's hard to stop. Well, Sue seems to have a heart after all and she regrets what she did and wants her popular football player boyfriend to invite her to the prom.
It's nice of him to do it. How could he ever know how her mother would react?
Do you know how much I hate animal cruelty? Well, this film includes a poor pig getting hurt... Only for a prank, are you serious Chris?
The prank isn't even funny... Throwing pig blood at the prom queen is just disgusting and stupid.. And poor Sue! Left alone with a little girl..
The ending here is a little different though, oh my God who will make that kind of damage on a thumb stone? People are so heedless... But I still like the end and the effects on this film are a little better. But it has also been 40 years of new technology.

I can recommend both films, watch the old one first it's on HBO and the new one is on Netflix.
Enjoy them, they aren't scary ;)


Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar