torsdag den 23. juli 2015

Falun cobber mine.

Today in my adventure seeking here in Sweden I visited the cobber mine in Falun.
The pressure from below the surface is giving me a headache for sure. The mine is 400 m. deep but we were not allowed to go further down than 70 m. and that was enough it was very claustrophobic. It was a bit creepy to know that the mine has collapsed a couple of times and the guide even showed us the most dangerous place in the mine. He told us stories about a man who drowned in the mine and was found many years after. He looked like he had just passed away! His body remained for 42 years before he actually began to rotten! It's a wonder what's going on down there. He told that Falun was very wealthy and a lot of strong men volunteered to work in the mine because they were paid good. The mine has been open for about a 1000 years and it closed down in 1992 it has no plans of reopening. I could see the shining gold in the walls, it was amazingly beautiful.
I can slightly recommend this for tourists who aren't afraid of heights. And I really mean that!





























I hope you can see the pictures I know they are very dark (: 
I hope you can see what I mean about not being afraid of heights. and you also have to wear that orange helmet and cape and I will recommend waterproof shoes and they are allowed to be destroyed because the mud in the mines are very red and they dye your shoes. The last to pictures are from the museum. (: 

have fun, and see ya next time in another destination! <3 
 

Ingen kommentarer:

Send en kommentar